If you’re going out to a club, you want to make a statement with your dress. Finding the perfect club dress has everything to do with the trends of the season, plus your own figure. You want a look that’s sexy and stands out in a crowd. Luckily, there are so many trends out there, you’re bound to find a club dress that is perfect for your night on the town.
Trends for Club Dresses
We’re seeing a lot of different trends for club dresses this season. The best thing about these trends is there’s something for everyone and for every body type. The key is to figure out what flatters you and makes you feel confident as you make your way across the club.
- Cowl neckline. This is a loose, fluid neckline that gently drapes along the bust. This is a flattering look for many body shapes. The deeper the cowl neck, the more dramatic the look.
- Deep V-neckline. This is a stunning look for making a splash at the club. A deep V-neckline is ideal for long-sleeved dresses with mini hemlines.
- Off-the-shoulder neckline. This has been popular on the runways for a few seasons, but has now found its way into clubwear. The off-the-shoulder neckline is flattering for wearing hair down or wearing hair back with opulent earrings or a statement necklace.
- Strapless neckline.This is the go-to neckline for many women because it shows enough skin, no matter what the silhouette of the dress is. A strapless neckline also lets you show off a big necklace or body shimmer or bronzer.
- Ruched. The ruched bodice is ideal for anyone who wants to conceal a tummy. Ruching drapes across the bodice and waist for a flattering shape.
- Tight straight fit. This is one of the most popular silhouettes that often accompany strapless dresses. The tight straight fit is perfect for that little black dress too. This silhouette is perfect for those who want a traditional, sexy fit.
- Asymmetrical hemline. This silhouette took over fashion in the past year and it’s still going strong. The asymmetrical hemline is shorter in the front than it is in the back and looks sexy with flowing fabrics that create movement.
These are some of the hottest trends we’re seeing for club dresses. There are many shapes to choose from. Right now the hottest colors for club dresses are black, metallic shades like gold and silver, red and blue. Prints like paisley and abstract watercolor-like prints are also popular for club dresses.
The general style rule when choosing the perfect trend club dress is to choose more details for simple shapes such as a tight straight fit dress with a strapless neckline.
For dresses with more dimension in their shape, such as a ruched dress with a cowl neckline, opt for a solid or large print with minimal extra details. Details like studs, corset back closures, bows and mesh inset are also popular for those who love small extras that make a big difference for the overall look of a club dress.
This article has been contributed by the experts at YumDrop. Check out their huge selection of clubwear, lingerie, and more!