Want your eyes to look different? Theatrical contacts can completely change your look. Discover which lenses are out there on the market and how to find lenses that don’t interfere with your vision and guarantee you an astonishing look.
What costume contact lenses are on offer?
There are two brands of Halloween contacts that offer you the top contact lenses – Crazy Lenses by Cooper Vision and Wild Eyes by Ciba Vision. Both companies are major manufacturers of prescription contacts, including corrective lenses, color contacts and theatrical lenses. So if you decide to get Wild Eyes or Crazy Lenses, you can be sure you are paying for high quality costume lenses .
Heare are some of the most popular costume contacts
- Cat’s Eye – yellow, white, green or red, with a vertical black pupil just like a real cat
- Complete white lens – makes your eye white, good for a zombie effect
- Black-out – makes your eye completely black
- Vampire Red – for red vampire eyes
- Spiral contacts of different color – red, yellow and white, create a crazy effect
- Fire – bright yellow flames on a red background, around your pupil
- Bloodshot – red blood vessels over white background, very scary
Here are pics of Halloween costume lenses.
There are also many smaller companies and individual artists, who offer different designs for costume contact lenses. You can even get custom made lenses, with any design you like.
Safety rules for contact lens wearers
You might have heard that Halloween contacts can be ricky for your eyes. You shouldn’t worry; though, because high quality contact lenses are absolutely safe; only improper care of them can cause problems. If you already wear contact lenses for vision correction, care for costume contacts is absolutely the same as for ordinary contacts.
If it’s your first time wearing contacts, though, be sure to consult your eye doctor before you order yourself a pair of theatrical contacts. All contact lenses come with instructions on how to care for them. Be sure to read and follow these instructions – it isn’t at all difficult.
Follow these simple rules:
- don’t wear your color lenses for longer than 8 hours and never sleep in them
- only use contact lens solution to store and disinfect your color lenses, never use tap water
- wash your hands before handling your contacts
- never wear a lens that is torn
- take your costume lenses off if they irritate your eyes
- never give your color lenses to other people
Where can I get costume contact lenses?
In September, October when the shops start displaying Halloween costumes, you have probably seen these colorful boxes for sale everywhere – beauty salons, flea markets, even gas stations. However, it is not a good idea to buy your theatrical contact lenses from these places. Most of them sell no-brand costume contacts, so you can’t know where they were manufactured or from what materials. Remember, the surface of your eye is very delicate, and using paints that are not designed for contact lenses (as is the case with the majority of lenses available on the streets) can damage your eyes.
There are two safe ways to get costume contacts. One is to visit an eye doctor, get a prescription and order contact lenses through your doctor’s office. Another option is to order your costume lenses online from trusted contact lens retailers. This way, you can save a lot. As with most online orders, your contacts will usually arrive in about a week, so you should place your order in advance.
Do you think that Halloween lenses are fun? They are great fun and, with variety of designs, you can find contacts to match your costume perfectly.